Action Comics #980
|Credit: DC Comics|
Art by: Patch Zircher
Colors by: Hi-Fi
Letters by: Rob Leigh
Cover by: Clay Mann & Tomeu Morey
Published by: DC Comics
Growing up, Cyborg Superman was one of my favorite villains. The fact that he was a foil for Superman that had his powers plus some always intrigued me. So needless to say I was happy when they found a way to bring the "true" Cyborg Superman back for Rebirth. And to see him lead a new Superman Revenge Squad is just icing on the cake.
The best thing about Superman and Rebirth is that Peter Tomasi & Dan Jurgens each give their books a unique feel, where you don't feel like you're just reading the same Superman story week after week. Each of them brings something unique to their stories. When you read Dan Jurgens' take on Superman, it definitely seems to carry this legacy with it; and to have the guy who wrote the Death and Return of Superman to write a story with Cyborg Superman , Eradicator, & Mongul is very special.
With this issue, Jurgens does a great job of reintroducing Cyborg Superman's origin while giving you a chance to reflect on what he has truly lost. When you really think about it, it is easy to understand how that could have an impact on Hank Henshaw and wrongly direct his anger towards Superman. The question now becomes: How will Zod respond to Cyborg Superman's leadership?
- Action Comics #980 by Dan Jurgens, Patch Zircher, Hi-Fi, & Rob Leigh
- Batman/The Shadow #2 by Scott Snyder, Steve Orlando, Riley Rossmo, Ivan Plascencia, & Clem Roberts
- Detective Comics #957 by James Tynion IV, Christopher Sebela, Carmen Carnero, Karl Story, Richard Friend, Javier Mean, & Sal Cipriano
- Justice League of America #7 by Steve Orlando, Jamal Campbell, & Clayton Cowles
- Kamandi Challenge #5 by Bill Willingham, Ivan Reis, Oclair Albert, Marcelo Maiolo, & Clem Robins
- Wonder Woman #23 by Greg Rucka, Liam Sharper, Hi-Fi, & Jodi Wynne
- Captain America: Steve Rogers #17 by Nick Spencer, Andres Guinaldo, Ramon Bachs, Rachelle Rosenberg, & VC's Joe Caramagna
Post a Comment