The Flash #22
Written by: Joshua Williamson
Art by: Howard Porter
Colors by: Hi-Fi
Letters by: Steve Wands
Cover by: Jason Fabok & Brad Anderson
Published by: DC Comics
**Warning: Spoilers below**
This week's 'The Flash' rounds out the next chapter of DC Rebirth, "The Button". What started out a little slowly in 'Batman' and the previous issue of 'Flash' has ended up being a great way to move the saga forward while still having some lasting repercussions on the characters, presumedly Batman. While our heroes still don't really know where the button came from, we certainly do, as the last shot in the issue features the blue hand of certain "Dr." reaching down to pick up the button left behind by the once-again deceased Reverse-Flash.
It's interesting to see this parallel between Bruce and Barry. To see two great detectives and scientists who have had unimaginable trauma acted upon them as kids and to think about the direction each of their lives took. In a lot of ways, it makes sense that they would have some type of connection and it's a shame we don't see them becoming partners more often.
The only downside I have of the issue is more of a personal issue. I am not a fan of Howard Porter's art. Especially when it's being compared to Jason Fabok. They each have such a different feel and style that the tone of each issue seems to contrast the one before it.
You should absolutely be picking up these four issues if you're a Rebirth fan. This will be the perfect primer to get you ready for 'Doomsday Clock' coming in November!
- Batman #23 by Tom King, Mitch Gerads, & Clayton Cowles
- The Flash #22 by Joshua Williamson, Howard Porter, Hi-Fi, & Steve Wands
- Green Lanterns #23 by Sam Humphries, Eduardo Pansica, Julio Ferreira. Blond, & Dave Sharpe
- Nightwing #21 by Michael McMillan, Christian Duce, Chris Sotomayor, & Carlos M. Mangual
- Justice League #21 by Bryan Hitch, Daniel Henriques, Scott Hanna, Alex Sinclair, Richard Starkings, & Comicraft
- Justice League/Power Rangers #4 by Tom Taylor, Stephen Byrne, & Deron Bennett
- Super Sons #4 by Peter J. Tomasi, Jorge Jimenez, Alejandro Sanchez, & Rob Leigh
- Superman #23 by Peter J. Tomasi, Patrick Gleason, Dough Mahnke, Jaime Mendoza, Keith Champagne, Will Quintana, Hi-Fi, & Rob Leigh
- Trinity #9 by Francis Manapul & Steve Wands
- Curse Words #5 by Charles Soule, Ryan Browne, Michael Garland, & Chris Crank
- Royal City #3 by Jeff Lemire & Steve Wands
- Secret Empire #2 by Nick Spencer, Andrea Sorrentino, Rod Reis, & VC's Travis Lanham